Friday, 30 September 2011
Social Media Around The World 2011
This beautiful presentation is the result of a survey done by Insites Consulting; amongst over 9,000 consumers in 35 counties about their social media usage.
Some interesting statistics:
- people don't just use Facebook: in Europe the average person joins 1.9 social networks
- the average Facebook session lasts 37 mins
- more than 50% of Social Network users are connected to brands
- 58% of Facebook users log in at least daily
- 42% have had a conversation with a brand via social networks
The interesting part?
60% don't want any new social networks, and 93% is happy with what they have and won't increase or decrease. So, what does this mean for Google+ ? When it removed the invite-only feature last week, membership increased by 30%, taking it to over 40 million members. While this may seem a lot, it's still tiny compared to Facebooks 750 million strong base.
We're thinking that the role the +1 button has to play in SEO will be a huge part in determining the success of Google+. And with the news that brand pages are coming soon (at the moment it's just open to individuals), perhaps we won't have to wait too long to find out!
Categories: social media
Twitter is often associated with celebrities sending personal gossip or friends posting photos of parties. But the social media mic...
1. Google is EVERYWHERE ! The launch of Google Plus has been subject to huge debate, but what about: their recent purchase of Motorola, lau...
Guest posting is a type of blogging -- with a twist . Yeah, we love twists round here. Although this twist isn't act...
Asia accounts for over 40% of the world’s internet users, with China alone having almost a third more people online than the US. Crucially...
by Kathryn Richards Colour has a big impact on our reaction to a website, and certainly on our first impression of a company. When choosin...