Friday, 30 September 2011
Social Media Around The World 2011
This beautiful presentation is the result of a survey done by Insites Consulting; amongst over 9,000 consumers in 35 counties about their social media usage.
Some interesting statistics:
- people don't just use Facebook: in Europe the average person joins 1.9 social networks
- the average Facebook session lasts 37 mins
- more than 50% of Social Network users are connected to brands
- 58% of Facebook users log in at least daily
- 42% have had a conversation with a brand via social networks
The interesting part?
60% don't want any new social networks, and 93% is happy with what they have and won't increase or decrease. So, what does this mean for Google+ ? When it removed the invite-only feature last week, membership increased by 30%, taking it to over 40 million members. While this may seem a lot, it's still tiny compared to Facebooks 750 million strong base.
We're thinking that the role the +1 button has to play in SEO will be a huge part in determining the success of Google+. And with the news that brand pages are coming soon (at the moment it's just open to individuals), perhaps we won't have to wait too long to find out!
Categories: social media
1. Google is EVERYWHERE ! The launch of Google Plus has been subject to huge debate, but what about: their recent purchase of Motorola, lau...
A Twitter stream, Facebook Page, company Blog, an offer on Groupon… there is so much choice for businesses when devising their online strate...
Over here at Mission Imblogable, we're big fans of the old Blogger platform (and no, we're definitely not biased because that's ...
Twitter is often associated with celebrities sending personal gossip or friends posting photos of parties. But the social media mic...
Are you one of the 100 million active users generating 40 million photos a day on Instagram? Instagram is well known for its various fi...