Friday, 30 September 2011
Social Media Around The World 2011
This beautiful presentation is the result of a survey done by Insites Consulting; amongst over 9,000 consumers in 35 counties about their social media usage.
Some interesting statistics:
- people don't just use Facebook: in Europe the average person joins 1.9 social networks
- the average Facebook session lasts 37 mins
- more than 50% of Social Network users are connected to brands
- 58% of Facebook users log in at least daily
- 42% have had a conversation with a brand via social networks
The interesting part?
60% don't want any new social networks, and 93% is happy with what they have and won't increase or decrease. So, what does this mean for Google+ ? When it removed the invite-only feature last week, membership increased by 30%, taking it to over 40 million members. While this may seem a lot, it's still tiny compared to Facebooks 750 million strong base.
We're thinking that the role the +1 button has to play in SEO will be a huge part in determining the success of Google+. And with the news that brand pages are coming soon (at the moment it's just open to individuals), perhaps we won't have to wait too long to find out!
Categories: social media
1. Google is EVERYWHERE ! The launch of Google Plus has been subject to huge debate, but what about: their recent purchase of Motorola, lau...
Over here at Mission Imblogable, we're big fans of the old Blogger platform (and no, we're definitely not biased because that's ...
With new SEO companies popping up everywhere, some of them are bound to be less than the real deal. How can you tell the good from the...
Does your business have a successful online marketing strategy? Can there really be anyone left out there who still needs convincing that t...
Asia accounts for over 40% of the world’s internet users, with China alone having almost a third more people online than the US. Crucially...