Content is shared FAST and OFTEN
Consider the VIRAL FACTOR
There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages). The average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events, and creates 90 pieces of content each month. More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) are shared each month.
Go where the people are : MOBILE
More than 200 million active users are currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices. They are twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
Get INSPIRED by Facebook success stories
- 5 Small Business Success Stories @Mashable
- Social media Case Studies: from Innocent to Nestle @artdivision
- 50 examples of the big names “doing Facebook” @inspiredm
- Facebook Success Story - The Halfmoon in Putney @artdivision
Start thinking STRATEGICALLY, aiming for RESULTS
- Why you should have a hyperlocal Facebook strategy @EConsultancy
- 5 Fabulous Facebook Tips (Because Who Doesn’t Love a List?) @Marketingprofs
- 10 Steps to Facebook Success for Your Non-Profit Organization @Marketingprofs
- Integrating On and Offline Marketing @artdivision
Design a BRILLIANT landing-page
- HOW TO: Design & Program a Facebook Landing Page for Your Business @Mashable
- 25 brilliant examples of Facebook brand pages @EConsultancy
- 8 Secrets of a Successful Facebook Fan Page @SocialMediaToday
- Facebook Pages Design Trends @TemplateMonster
Use STATISTICS to develop your strategy
- HOW TO: Measure Social Media ROI @Mashable
- 7 ways of tracking facebook page statistics and analytics @simplyzesty
- Workshop Wednesday: Stop Posting Status Updates at 3pm! @Get1,000fans
IMAGINE the POSSIBILITIES...
- Delta Airlines Lets Customers Check In & Get Flight Status via Facebook @Mashable
- 20 Of The Most Innovative Facebook Marketing Campaigns @SimplyZesty
-... the Coca-Cola "Facebook Village"
Have you created a FACEBOOK FAN PAGE for your business? Share it with us in the comments!
... who knows, it might even get you a new visitor, fan, or customer.....